Tribe of the Ring Fort

Saturday, January 07, 2006

at the library

Well, it'll probably be the end of January or so until we have broadband access from home. If I can find a wifi spot in town, I'll be able to post more pictures. Until then, my internet access is restricted to twice per week usage at the local library. It's a beautiful sunny day, and we're off to check out the beach at Ballybunion. Yesterday was the last official day of Christmas, know as Women's Christmas. Women all go out to dinner, and their husbands or boyfriends are supposed to give them flowers and chocolates and other gifts. Barry seemed skeptical when I told him of this tradition. Perhaps there are more holidays similar to this? I hold hope of this. Everyone's Christmas decorations are taken down today. We were starting to wonder how long people in Ireland held on to Christmas. Susannah got her school uniform today; I'll post a picture when I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home